Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remembering International Master Milorad Vujovic: very very difficult Quiz

This is a very very difficult Quiz. It has been published in an italian chess newsgroup called it.hobby.scacchi back in March 2001 by Mauro Scarpa. This man said that the Quiz had been shown him by IM Vujovic in Montecatini (Italy) in 1992. It was also contained in a pdf paper made by various authors in remembrance of IM Vujovic. Vujovic proposed this quiz to Mario Scarpa saying something like "You play white, I play Black and I win". or "I play White, you play Black, I win".
                                       White to move

                            Who is winning?
A help will be offered during the week.
Before showing it to you, I let the very strong chess engine Stockfish 2.1.1 analyse the position for about 10 minutes and it reached depth 23/59 without finding the right solution..........
Comments will be disabled in order not to spoil the fun :-))
Of course I wasn't able to solve it :-))
Have fun!!